Our friends, Greg Gallagher and Melissa Jernigan, headed west a few months ago to search out their brewing dreams. They ended up in Russian River, California, and now are spreading the beer gospel with their colleagues at Ruth McGowan’s Brewpub.
Last week, they came into town and made a bee-line to our place to meet our little guy for the first time. They came bearing gifts of frankincense, myrrh, and Brettanomyces. And joining for the pilgrimage were hop stalwarts, Jonathan and Lauren Moxey, who also contributed to the liquid cornucopia, as well as brought another stylish hat knitted by Lauren’s able hands.
But we got greedy, and instead of presenting the gifts to Cadel for future consumption, we gave him some pureed carrots and gulped down his beers right in front of him. (I may be wrong, but I’m guessing the Fou Foune may have been his favorite…but we’ll never know…)
From left to right in pic above
- Bluepoint, Hoptical Illusion IPA, New York (6.8% abv)
- Perennial Artisan Ales, Hommel Bier, Missouri (5.9% abv)
- Cantillon, Fou’ Foune (Lambic with Apricots), Belgium (5.0% abv)
- Russian River and Sierra Nevada, Brux Domesticated Wild Ale, California (8.3% abv)
- Captain Lawrence, Freshchester Pale Ale, New York (5.6% abv)
- Ruth McGowan’s Brewpub, Floyd India Pale Ale, California (6.7% abv)