Years in the making. Countless hours of dreaming and scheming. At long last, the portal is within sight. It’s time for launch.
After seeing the idea evolve from kernel to foggy plan, and now from foggy plan to sharpened reality, we are oh so close. In eight days time, Kat and I board a plane from NYC to Paris. On March 30th, we step foot in Western Europe to begin a 3-month journey.
It will be an adventure in traveling, an adventure in culinary and beverage exploration and an adventure of the unknown. It will be two young souls and their packs. Armed with a toolbox of maps, we will wind our way through eight countries. By plane, train, automobile (and a boat thrown in for good measure), we will transition into nomad mode.
Along the the way, we’ll tap into our favorite wine and beer regions, meet some of our favorite producers face-to-face, taste their wares and share a tale or two.
- FRANCE: Paris, Loire Valley, Alsace, Burgundy, Jura, Rhone Valley, Provence
- ITALY: Venice, Alto Adige, Lake Como, Piedmonte, Cinque Terre, Tuscany, Rome
- GREECE: Athens, Rhodes, Santorini
- AUSTRIA: Vienna, Kamptal, Kremstal, Wachau, Thermenregion, Burgenland
- GERMANY: Munich, Bavaria, Pfalz, Rheinhessen, Nahe, Rheingau, Mosel, Koln
- BELGIUM: Brussels, Brugges, Flanders
Come along with us here on Grapes & Grains.